Certificate Programs

Certificate in Studio Photography
Certificate in Image processing: Digital and film

SSVAP offers two certificate programs for the professionals and enthusiasts. Certificate program in image processing focuses on both darkroom image processing and digital image processing and a certificate in studio photography focuses on the skills that are required for the studio based photography genres.


Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with minimum of 45 marks or equivalent grade.


At SSVAP, the assessment pattern is a combination of formative and summative methods. The evaluation is generally conducted in two categories: internal and external assessment.
The internal assessment is based on practical assignments which includes coursework, field trips and individual research. It covers almost 80% of the evaluation. The remaining 20% of the assessment is conducted by external experts. These external examiners are Subject experts from renowned universities or practicing industry professionals. They share feedback on students’ portfolios to help students understand their competition better.

Apart from these, our faculty members also evaluate the students on the basis of their classroom participation and share their inputs regularly. This individual feedback helps students to identify and build on their strengths, and work on areas they need improvement in.

Orientation and Pedagogy

At Symbiosis School of Photography, the new batch is welcomed with various expert sessions and activities. The 2-day induction program usually starts with a chief guest speaker talk following up with a session by the industry experts. We also engage our new students in Alumni talks during this program.